Please click here to fill out the Individual Mission Team Application.
Here are some important things to know about serving on a mission team.
- You must have a valid passport to enter Haiti.
Your visa will be issued on the plane.
- Bring modest clothes.
You should dress modestly while in Haiti in keeping with the Haitian culture. Clothes that are acceptable back home may not be appropriate for the mission campus or work site.
- Treat others with dignity and respect.
Inappropriate behavior is not acceptable on the mission team.
- Watch your language.
Crude language is not appropriate on the mission team.
- Buy your plane tickets to arrive and leave Haiti on the team dates.
Most mission teams are from Saturday to Saturday. If you plan to return home early, that will be fine. We will see that you make your return flight.
- Follow your team leader.
Stick with the work team you have been assigned. Follow the schedule of your work team. Any changes must be approved by your team leader.
- Immunizations and Vaccinations.
- MTH does not require immunizations/vaccinations for travel.
- MTH recommends that ALL vaccinations and Tetanus be up to date.
- If you never received vaccinations, please note that you will be at risk of contracting an illness should there be an outbreak of a disease while in Haiti (i.e.: chicken pox, measles, etc.).
- CDC Web Site offers Recommendations of Immunizations for Travel to Haiti; to view these recommendations go to:http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/haiti
* Health Information for Travel to Haiti appears for your review.
- Discuss your travel to Haiti with your Medical Care Provider regarding your vaccination status and immunization needs prior to your trip.
- If you have any questions about where you will travel in Haiti and conditions encountered, please contact MTH.
- Have a servant’s heart.
The best ability is availability. Be willing to serve wherever you are assigned. Your cooperation will bring harmony to the team and glory to God.